Dean E. Norris, Inc. Chiller Service includes but isn’t limited to:
- Our knowledgeable technicians will check all components for wear or damage. Belt tension and water levels in the reservoir are essential to a winter checkup. The cooling efficiency is also determined by the amount of water that is evaporated by the cooler, so we check the pads and ensure that they are being uniformly wetted.
- Tube brushing
- Chiller efficiency is effected more by the cleanliness of heat transfer surfaces than any other factor. Most chillers have several miles of tubing making up the condenser and evaporator, so our technicians keep these chiller tubes as clean as possible. Contaminants can range from mud, sand and algae to hard mineral scales which increase thermal resistance and cause the chiller to work harder to meet demand, thereby consuming more energy.
- Oil analysis
- Through an oil analysis, our technicians determine where the chiller is experiencing the most significant and harmful and correct the problem. They can also determine if there is a breakdown in the oil or if contaminants are affecting performance.
- Oil change
- After the oil analysis has been completed, it will be determined if the oil needs to be replaced. By changing the oil, you will reduce downtime, minimize costly repairs, and extend your chiller’s life.
- Vibration analysis
- Our technicians perform alignment and balance repairs on your chiller to result in peak performance.
- Refrigerant analysis
- We rely on laboratories, qualified by Air Conditioning and Refrigeration Institute (ARI) standards, to test the acidity, moisture, oxides, and percent oil in the chiller. These tests allow us to ensure your chiller is operating as design specifications or better.
- Eddy current testing
- This cost-effective, non-destructive testing determines the condition of the condenser and evaporator tubes. It figures out the remaining wall thickness of tubes and detects possible pitting, cracks and bulges that can result in tube leaks.
- Power washing condenser coils
- By keeping condenser coils clean, you will reduce downtime and costly breakdowns on your chiller.
The benefits of utilizing Dean E. Norris, Inc. chiller service include:
- Fewer breakdowns
- Increased efficiency of system reducing your energy consumption
- Longer equipment life
- Lower operational costs
Our experienced technicians will install, repair or replace your chiller(s) in your facility and are available 24/7 for your service needs. When an emergency strikes, you need a dependable partner to call.